Tuesday, May 26, 2009


This past weekend in Ottawa was beautiful. We went to the War Museum on Saturday, which I enjoyed, seeing as I am a museum nerd. I spent the rest of the day exploring Ottawa and enjoying the weather. I love Byward Market during the weekends -- flower & maple syrup vendors, the weather, and the pre-summer atmosphere. Wandering over to the park behind Parliament completed my zen mood. Sunday, we went to the Governor General's house, which was pretty but kind of dull. Ottawa is dominated by tulips and lilacs, I don't know how, but it's beautiful. It was a good first weekend in Ottawa, since I spent last week in Québec.

The House didn't meet last week, so this week has been much more fast-paced. My MP has a major event planned for next week, so I've been miscellaneous things to pull everything together. This week has been event coordination on top of everyday House duty & general business. I'm finally getting used to the French Canadian keyboard & I learned to tie a tie, so those are pretty big achievements so far.

I saw Mahmoud Abbas today! I just heard him speak for a little bit, but it was exciting nonetheless. I had to leave early to take a girl from the riding to QP, which was cool because it's nice to be interning for an MP that is so accessible to her riding. After work, a couple of us crossed the bridge to see a documentary in Gatineau & now I'm here, catching up on some reading & putting Neosporin on the skinned knee I have after slipping in front of my building on my way to work (per my usual clumsy ways).

No comments:

Post a Comment